Argos: The Story of Odysseus as Told By His Loyal Dog by Ralph Hardy (HarperCollins; 3/27/2018; ISBN: 978-0062396792; Paperback $6.99; Ages 8-12, 400 pages)
A middle grade reimagining of Homer’s The Odyssey told from the point of view of Odysseus’s loyal dog, Argos.
Now available in paperback, this rousing story of devotion and determination is an original take on one of the most beloved myths of all time.
For twenty years, the great hero Odysseus struggles to return to home on Ithaka. He defeats monsters. He outsmarts the Cyclops. He battles the gods. He does whatever it takes to reunite with his family.
And what of that family—his devoted wife, Penelope; his young son, Telemachos; his dog, Argos? For those twenty years, they wait, unsure whether they will ever see Odysseus again. But Argos has found a way to track his master.
Any animal who sets foot or wing on Ithaka brings him news of Odysseus’s epic voyage. These tales bring hope that one day his master will return. Meanwhile, Argos the loyal dog watches over his master’s family and protects them from the dangers that surround a throne without its king.will be swept away by this enchanting debut as they hurry to unlock the terrible truth of the Tombs.
Enter #Giveaway here:
Source: Chat with Vera: Argos: The Story of Odysseus as Told By His Loyal Dog by Ralph Hardy [Spotlight the book & giveaway]
- Display :
- Screen size: 5.8 inches, 84.8 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio
- Pixels per inch (PPI): 570
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Exynos 9810 Octa – EMEA
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 – USA & China
- Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA
- Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) – USA & China
- RAM: 4 GB
- Mali-G72 MP18 – EMEA
- Adreno 630 – USA & China
- Storage : 64GB
- Software: Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat)
- microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Fingerprint Scan: Yes
- Primary : 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF), phase detection autofocus, OIS, LED flash
- Secondary : 8 MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22 µm), autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call, Auto HDR
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery (11.55 Wh)
- Dimensions : 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm (5.81 x 2.70 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 163 g (5.75 oz)
Rules & Regulations
- The contest closes on June 23, 2018.
- The contest is managed by Rafflecopter, and the winner would be picked randomly by the same. The result provided by Rafflecopter would be final and binding.
- Each entry of the winner would be checked manually, to confirm if he has completed the steps correctly. In the case of any irregularity with the entry, another winner would be picked up. No gaming the system, no cheating! We’ll be monitoring the entries.
- The winner would be notified by eMail.
- The contest is open to all geographic locations and shipping would be done by us.
- You can complete few entries daily to earn more points, keep a check on them.
- Each point you earn will be counted as a unique entry, the more points you earn, the better your chances are to win. In short, try to complete as many steps as you can in the widget below; but it is not necessary to complete all steps.
Enter Here: [GiveAway] Win a Samsung Galaxy S9 – Tech Guru
Certainly you’ve heard of the Instant Pot by now, right?
We’re giving away a 6 quart instant Pot to one lucky winner, so enter now and share with friends to maximize your chances.
If you’re not familiar with instant pots, the link below takes you to the exact product we’re giving away on Amazon so you can see more photos and read the raving reviews:
Source: Giveaway – Doorstep Deals – Best Online Deals Delivered To Your Door
About the book: Ahhh-flying-saucer-shooting-star-CHOO! Laughter is the best medicine when you’re a little alien feeling under the weather.
Little Alien is sick. And sick is extra-terrestrial bad when you have two scratchy throats, five ears that hurt, and three runny noses. Splatch! Sputter! Spurt! Luckily Mama and Daddy Alien have an arsenal of lunar decongestants and meteor showers on hand to make him feel a little better (not to mention a Milky Way milkshake to help the medicine go down). Even so, the family’s alien pooch, Mars Rover, can’t stand to see his little buddy feeling out of sorts. Can a loyal pup’s funny tricks finally coax a smile?
GIVEAWAY ~ 2 Winners
Begins January 3
Ends January 24 @ 12:01 a.m. EST
Open to USA & CANADA addresses only.
Source: Chat with Vera: Aliens Get the Sniffles Too! Ahhh-Choo! by Katy S. Duffield illustrated by K.G. Campbell [Review & Giveaway – USA/CANADA]